Monday, December 3, 2007

Processing Words on the Web

Okay, I will keep this blog entry straight this time:
  • How does the application you chose compare to word processing software you're familiar with?
I chose Google Docs to create a couple of online presentations. I love the templates and the easy access to my presentation. It is interesting to think about some of the free web applications. Especially those that were created by big companies. Do they want us to be addicted to their products and then they suddenly begin to charge you for small fees? I wish they only want to get their profit from the ads but not their users.
  • What features did you like/dislike the most?
I like the easy share features. This is a great product for group projects and team work among libraires in different countries. I am concerned about their server maintenance and privacy. I haven't looked into their policy part.
  • Can you think of any ways the application you chose would be useful to you or to EKU students?
For students who already have gmail accounts, this would be a great tool to share teaching materials. Also it won't take anybody's own web space.

No comments: