Friday, November 30, 2007

Get your hands dirty in the wiki sandbox

The beauty of Wiki is its editable. Everyone can contribute and build this online community. This would be a great tool for faculty learning community. Librarians could create a learning community and invite faculty and students to participate.

I once suggested my husband use blog for the Astrobiology group he organized. Unfortunately, he complained that it requires sign-in and creation of new account. Faculty won't do that. Now I have a better tool to recommend to his group -- Wiki! That way they could post videos of their regular discussion online, extend their discussion to outside group meetings (adding entries to their wiki), and send their wiki to people in the world who might have a insight on Astrobiology (Google can do that I believe). You know what, actually I am kinda interested in creating one for them. Oh well, I need to learn more about wiki before making any promises :)

No comments: