Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Do My Own Library Thing -- Experimenting first

Long time no see my web 2.0 blog. I finally got some time to continue exploring the fun web 2.0 world. I love the Library Thing so much. The search tool is very easy to use and it searches in my favorite online "bookstore" -- Amazon.com. I also like the tag tool. It is really easy to create and edit tags and tag clouds in here. I felt that it is really helpful that I completed the tagging lesson before the Library Thing and now I have a clearer idea about tagging and tag clouds. I love books about travel, food, fashion, and parenting. It is engrossing to read other people's comments on books that I have selected. I also like the group feature they have. I just need to take more time to play with the Library Thing and recommend this tool to my non-librarian friends.BTW, the URL to My LibraryThing catalog is http://www.librarything.com/catalog/nextgenlib

Several things I found from the Library Thing related to life and work. For example, the tags that user created would help other people find books on the same subject. Review and comments posted by users would help people select books. In addition, Groups is a nice space for readers share experience, books, and more.

No comments: