Tuesday, July 10, 2007

What I learned from Lesson #4 Social Networking 101

Social networking is a powerful tool to connect people who may have never met in person, by phone or via email. I feel like it is easy to build a connection in social networking but the connection sometimes can be very fragile since it is all virtual. Many of my friends who have a Facebook account usually only add people they know as their friends. They trust their friends and thus allow their friends' friends to view their published stuff. Now it comes to snowball effect and the ball rolls bigger and bigger and the network is totally built up by trust. You cannot be too paranoid about how much privacy you release on Facebook since it may never under your control. To me, I believe there are much more good people than bad people on our planet so I have some privacy control on Facebook but leave the rest to the world with people who I trust.

Sometimes, I just feel like that I became more anxious than I was before (back to the time that I don't have internet). Nowadays, I constantly check my email, Facebook, MSN space, etc. to feel that I am connected. I guess this is just like the sayings -- "when you know more, you feel like there's much more you need to learn".

The simplest the best like 0 and 1. Mathematics is amazing!

No comments: